Our past PhAMA - Monash Health Economics Programs were well received by representatives from member companies who are Country Managers, Business Managers, Government Affairs Managers, Market Access Managers, Medical Directors, Medical Science Liaisons, Product Managers and Regulatory Managers. This program is a joint collaboration between PhAMA and Monash University Malaysia. Members have expressed strong interest in future sessions of this program.
We are now pleased to inform you that the 4th PhAMA - Monash Health Economics (HE) & Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Program 2017 has been scheduled as follows: -
Date: 25th - 26th September 2017 (1.5 days)
Time: 9.00am - 5pm & 9am to 1pm
Venue: Sunway Clio Hotel, Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya.
- To know the concepts of health economics (HE) in health care delivery
- To describe the different tools for performing economic analysis
- To know how to interpret data arising from a HE study
- To know the different types of study design and their strengths and weaknesses
- To describe the concepts of Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- To know how to critically evaluate literature in HE using the CHEERS guideline and the ISPOR-SMDM Joint Modeling Guidelines
- To understand the different pricing strategies adopted in other parts of the world
- To have hands-on experience in performing cost-effectiveness calculation and projection using health economic models
- To learn the situations in which health economics model should be used and which model type is appropriate for a specific question
- To know the concepts of uncertainty and effectively interpret results from probabilistic sensitivity analysis
- To understand the statistical methods commonly used in modeling studies